Start: End of March 2017
Full profile in PDF: operations-manager-vacature-2017
We are looking for a multi-talented, highly motivated jack-of-all-trades that keeps our office running smoothly and enjoys a fast paced rhythm. In our growing business things are constant in development and processes need improvement on the go. Enjoy tech innovations that keep an office running smoothly? We love that! Google Mail, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Wunderlist, Weekdone… Are you just as excited about planning to exhibit in the Paris trade fairs as finding us the best affordable vacuum cleaner online? We need you!
What you’ll do:
- You will make sure the office always looks its best and runs smoothly. You answer calls, order office supplies, keep track of the office agenda and plan team meetings.
- You will greet customers to our store/showroom with a big smile and help them find the O My Bag of their dreams.
- You’ll improve and develop our online customer experience. You’ll respond to mails in the most loving way possible. Our Operational Manager treats customers the same way we’d want someone to treat our friends.
- You’ll organize photoshoots, sales agent happenings, social impact events in our brand store or our ridiculously popular Sample Sale!
- You are responsible for guiding our interns while learning the most they possibly can with us.
Is this information still too vague for you? Would you rather read the description in more detail? Scroll down quickly for a full job description, as you might be the detail focused applicant we’re looking for!
You’re good at:
- You are pro-active and driven. You have a can-do mentality and always look for opportunities.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You are well-read, socially engaged and interested in international development.
- Experience with managing a team.
- Fluent in not only Dutch and English, but also other languages.
Before you apply make sure you’ll have:
- A University or HBO degree, preferably in Business Economics, Merchandise, Management, Communication or equivalent.
- Preferably 1 year of work experience in a similar field.
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English languages, both spoken and written.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Full time availability.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world. We not only make pretty bags, we’re generating real impact for people that live in poverty and we’re changing the leather and fair production industry.
- Maximum excitement! You will be working with a small and driven team that is fully engaged in supporting the high growth plans we have all across the globe.
- Start date: We’re looking for someone to begin end of March 2017
Sounds cool? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 8 2017
Referral letters, internships, volunteer work and side projects count. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your super powers somewhere in your cover letter or resume!
Full job description:
- Upgrade and implement appropriate systems, policies, procedures, and forms as needed.
- Optimize B2C logistics. Contact with shipping agencies MyParcel and FedEx.
- Assist Product Manager in administrative and logistics tasks.
- Develop growth in our export markets by planning and organizing our trade show visits in markets like Germany, Kopenhagen, Sweden, Paris. Includes booth design, travel planning, logistics, location set-up.
- Planning of other business trips.
- Be the gatekeeper for an organized, creative and #iwannaworkhere office space.
- General office administration. Organization, filing contracts and invoices, order office supplies.
- Responsible for the Amsterdam Store/Showroom and helping customers.
- Responsible for an organized stock room. Improving our office system in stock management. Making sure not one products is missed.
- Be on top of new potential Brand Store locations at home or abroad.
- Optimizing customer experience. Make sure customers get happy and excited communicating with O My Bag.
- Responsible for our all repairs. Make sure that all repairs are handled accurately and swiftly.
- Hire interns. Read applications, make selection, contact regarding assignment, conduct interviews.
- You’re managing and guiding our intern team, making sure they’re learning the most they possibly can with us.
- Initiate events and help with organization in Amsterdam and The Hague.
- Assist Marketing Manager in PR tasks, like contacting bloggers regarding new products and events.
INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE STARTING JUNE 2017:
We are looking for enthusiastic interns who are available for six months starting Summer (June or July) 2017. Are you interested in fashion, design, durability, fair trade, marketing & PR? And do you want to work for a fastly-growing start-up company? We have a small team, so you will be involved in every aspect of the company.
E-mail your Motivation and CV to Iwannaworkhere@omybag.nl and we’ll get back to you!