Treat your O My Bag with water protectant every 2-4 weeks. We recommend weather-proofing spray, which is quick & easy maintenance. Be zealous during rainy season! Try to avoid heavy downpours because leather is permeable and can never be entirely waterproof.
Clean & condition every 8-12 weeks, using high-quality leather conditioner (follow instructions on product label). Think of conditioning like moisturizer for your leather – it will dry out over time, and conditioner will maintain the moisture. Also, avoid leaving your bag in direct sunlight, which may change the colour of your O My Bag.
1. Be aware that deep or dark colored clothing can easily transfer dye to light- coloured O My Bags. Use caution and especially avoid carrying your O My Bag when wearing new clothes
2. When not in use, store your bag in its original dustbag away from moisture & variations of heat or cold.
3. Never apply heat to your O My Bag to dry it, just let it dry naturally (away from radiators, too!). Direct heat will dry out the leather & it may become brittle.
4. When using leather treatments, always test the product in an inconspicuous area of your bag first before applying to the entire bag.
5. If your camel Sleazy Jane gets darker because of your jeans, you can clean her with baby hair-shampoo. Let her dry afterwards (not near a heater) and apply leather lotion to moisturize your bag again!
Sometimes, your bag might have a scratch or a spot when you receive it, but don’t worry; this is normal: Eco-Hunter Leather products: These bags are composed of leathers which are tanned using natural or biological (organic) solutions, and virtually unsealed at the end of the tanning process.
We choose to work with this natural Eco-Leather not only because of its safety for people and planet, but also because it gives O My Bag products our trademark vintage look. The unsealed leather allows scratches to accumulate, and the gentle tanning solutions allow natural marks in the hide to show. We consider any scratch or mark that is visible to be beautiful and completely natural.
We want all our customers to be pleased with their O My Bag products. It is important to realize that the marks and scratches are intended, and will further develop with time and use. Some customers may prefer something more polished or sealed, and can return or exchange any O My Bag product according to individual preferences.
You can also regularly apply Collonil Organic Bamboo Lotion to protect and moisturize your bag against scratches and stains, which you can buy in the shop.
Due to the natural process in which our leathers are made in India, the colors can to vary from time to time. The photos we use are our website are intended to be as closely matched as possible to the true product, so that you know what to expect when your order an O My Bag. However, we also acknowledge that all computer monitors display colors with some variety as well. Therefore, we will not be able to exercise true control over the color accuracy.
Please contact us if you are not happy with the color of your O My Bag, and we will do our best to advise whether you should exchange or return your product.
EASY TO USE – front
Designed for easy access, you open the schoolbags by popping off the front straps. You can skip using the buckles as these are just for the show.
EASY TO USE – back
Our schoolbags have a genius time-saving zipper at the back which opens into the main compartment of the bag.